Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #7

I am familiar with some of these google features. My family has attempted the google calendar in the past- but just like anything else, if you do not keep it up to date then it is not useful. I enjoy Google Earth. My boys and I sat and played with it by looking up different Major League Baseball stadiums and then looking at photos that were downloaded from Panoramio. Of course, that is a great tool/experience to share in the classroom, especially for students that do not get many experiences outside the classroom. There is a whole world they can at least see from their computer.
I set up my Google Alerts for information on Speech Therapy, Katy, Texas, and one of my favorite authors (I know she has a book out soon). I look forward to getting those emails.

2 comments:

  1. Google offers an amazing array of tools and applications - I got a little overwhelmed trying them out myself. Like you, Google Earth is my big fav - can spend hours armchair traveling with it. I hope you like the alerts feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using Google Earth to plan a vacation - it's really helpful!

    ReplyDelete